Friday 8 April 2011

Mini Pocket and Tag Album

Today I'm posting some photographs of a mini pocket and tag album we made in class yesterday at Grimsby Crafts. The Thursday morning class is taught by Sue Abbott and you can see some of her gorgeous work if you click on the link below:


The little mini albums were so quick to make, which is a bonus for me because it usually takes me at least 3 hours to make anything to do with crafts!! They were also fab because you needed very little to make them! Only two sheets of A4 paper for the pockets, 2 sheets of A4 card for the tags, a strip of good quality patterned paper for the cover and a piece of ribbon!!! How great is that for using up all those bits you have left over from other projects? Of course the cover is where you can go to town, and I can see you making these mini albums for all kinds of things. I already a few ideas already for a couple more I want to make up, but that's for another day lol.

Anyways, here is the book








Sue always encourages us to do add our own flair and ideas in class but my flair seems to leave me the minute I walk into the class!! So, mine was finished at home with a Crafty Individuals word stamp and then covered with glossy accents. I really do need to find some one line sentiment stamps for my work, I think they really add a lovely finish, even though I love my CI words.

And now for my interpretation:

OK, it is time to take a deep breath, I know it's very early, ......................and I am sorry, ............................but I had this fab idea for a ................................................................................

Vintage Christmas' album!!!

 I'm giggling as I write this, I think I must be going mad. SO, here is my early festive interpretation







Do you think it looks vintage? I always thought I knew what vintage looked like until I tried to get the look right. I hope it does.

I found the image online at 'Go Make Something.'  The frame in from Tattered Angels, I embossed this with gold and vertigre embossing powders. The flowers are hand made out of the gold paper that I also used to make the pockets with, I rubbed the edges with good old distress ink in vintage photo. Ooo and I used organza ribbon instead of a satin one, organza ribbon is so pretty. I stamped the tag corners with a freebie CI stamp I recieved with an order (Thank You xx), and then embossed it with gold to try and make them look vintage, I did like the way they turned out. The tags have been left ready for photographs or journaling. I'm not sure if I am going to keep this for myself or give it as a gift!!

Right, I think I need to relax this weekend. Only a week into blogging and I think I may have gone slightly over the top.

Have a lovely weekend
Sharon xx

10 comments:

  1. SHAR!!!!!!!!!! You are just amazing me!!!!!!! You really are getting into this crafting lark. To think how your confidence has just grown and grown! As for the Christmas theme, why not? This is just gorgeous and yes, very vintage. Just think, if you start now you could end up with loads of little crafty gifts for family and friends........... I always get excited when I see you have blogged, it's always a pleasure to see what you come up with. The box and tag you fetched to class were just gorgeous! Waiting anxiously for the next instalment! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work Sharon! Can I blog a few items please and give you a link of course? Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww thanks for the lovely compliments. And Jean, oooooooooooo yes lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon once again beautiful work and yes definitely vintage ! You should have more confidence your works is amazing . You are a lucky girl being able to attend Sue's classes she is such a talented lady and often visit her site for inspiration now have you to add to my list too.!

    Have a fab Easter

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Sharon! Will follow you in the future, you make some beautiful artwork! greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon. Got your blog link from Jean and just love your work. I too love the Cappella papers from Basic Grey and I also love vintage and CI stamps. :o)

    Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I too have come from Jean's blog, I'm pleased to meet you, love your pretty creations. I have become a follower so I can come back and 'see' you, have fun:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Blogland Sharon!
    I am new to blogging too.Only started mine about four weeks ago. It is daunting at first, but now I love it!
    I also love vintage. Your work is just wonderful.
    Really love the mini albums you created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous projects Sharon. They are so beautifully made. Can't wait to see more.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon this is beautiful,fantastically amazing.Can't wait to more post.EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper

    ReplyDelete