Wednesday 27 April 2011

Mans vintage birthday card and CI Challenge.

Hello everyone, hope you all had a lovely Easter. I haven't had time to make anything in this last few weeks, however it's my boyfriends birthday on Saturday so I thought I should make him a card! I am lucky because he has shown an interest in my work and quite likes it phew!!

I based the card on one I made at a class taught by Sue Abbott about 2 years ago, in fact I think it was one of the first cards I made when I first got into craft classes. Its a bit crumpled now, poor thing, but below is a picture of the card made all that time ago. A perfect card template to make to fit any occasion, even if it is 2 years old!



Using the card above for inspiration and having decided I was going to make my boyfriend a card I realised I didn't have any suitable male themed stamps! Luckily I remembered the lovely Crafty Individual images in the little books they do (People and Places.)  My boyfriend lives away and travels up to see me on the train, these images were perfect. 

Below is the final card I made for him, no flowers, no pearls, no lace, but I did manage to get some organza ribbon on it!!




A close up of the front image, the clock stamp was a freebie of the Craft Stampers magazine



And here is the inside of the card, the sentiment is on CI 236 stamp





Its really very simple and plain, I just hope he likes it.

And finally, I was really thrilled today when I received an email from Jean at Crafty Individuals letting me know I was one of the 5 winners of their first ever blog challenges! It was for my altered box entry into the April challenge. This was my first entry into a challenge, so I am  really, really, happy. You can see all the winners over at jeans blog, see below

http://craftyindividualsblog.blogspot.com/

All that's left for me to do is pick one of their gorgeous stamps for my prize, soooooo many to choose from. Oooo and hope my boyfriend doesnt peak at my blog before he comes to see me on Thursday!!

Sharon x


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sharon, your altered box is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOOOO Congrats Sharon and very well deserved too. You create some beautiful work. I am very proud of you! I really can't remember this card......mind you sometimes I can't remember my name so that's not surprising! Again, well done.....and yeah, so very many lovely stamps to choose from. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon
    I love your work. Your style is so softly vintage, very nice. And congratulations on being a winner in the Crafty Individuals challenge.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sharon, thanks for visiting my blog I'am so glad you did because now I can visit your beautiful blog, love,love the things you make, we both love vintage style ;-)
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Birthday Card for Boyfriend . Very vintage and beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete