Thursday 14 August 2014

Exploding Baby Shoe Box xx


Hello there
I would like to share with you a project I have been working on for a while. My friend’s daughter has just had a baby girl and I wanted to make her a gift. I decided on a kind of explosion box – I think that is what you call them.  I need to apologise for the photographs, I really do not think they do the box justice. I have used Lilac papers and the poor light and background really is not showing it off.

 
 

 

The tiny accordion book opens up on top of the box to revel the baby’s name. All the letters are individually stamped. I didn’t want to open it up to show you, just because the bow took me so long to get right!!

 
 
A peek at the inside.
 



I made the little tiles that are on the die cut labels using stamps and some glossy accents on the top. 


 

I made the baby shoe from matching papers, I found the baby shoe template on the internet. It was printed off on to some card to make it a sturdy template that I could keep.It was easy to use and when the papers were cut out and glued together it turned out really cute and tiny.


 
Lots of pearls, flowers, shabby loveliness and of course one or two butterflies. It is the first time I have used acetate like this and love it :-) x
 
 
 
I would like to enter my project into two challenge blogs.
Over on Frilly and Funkie they have a ‘Hip to be square’ challenge asking participants projects to be cube shaped and have a shabby chic or vintage feel. How could I resist that? I follow the blog via email and have only just recently found them. They have some gorgeous work shown on the blog, go take a peep.
Over on the City Crafter their current challenge is Roses, perfect. I would have to have my hands tied together to stop me adding flowers and roses to 99% of my projects te he. I have not entered a challenge on City Crafter for 2 years, so I thought I was due a challenge entry. I love all the challenge blogs, you see some amazing work and projects and get some great inspiration.
Thank you so much for coming over to take a look at my work.
Sharon xx
 

11 comments:

  1. Oh my this is beautiful!! Really lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW so much work and love went into this, gorgeous!!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful explosion box with so many gorgeous details and I love the little shoe, a real keepsake gift.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this must have taken forever! What an amazing box and that little shoe is crazy fantastic!! I love the soft papers and all the wonderful flowers! Stunning! ")

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sharon this is incredible! You must have put hours and hours of work into making your gorgeous box (LOVE the idea of the accordion for the name) and the shoe is just perfection. I'm positive this is something that will be treasured and loved for so many years to come. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely sweet gift for your friend. The little shoe is adorable and the whole box and all the little elements have such a shabby feel to them with vintage tossed in for good measure. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely - I loved seeing your work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this is so precious! I love every little detail that you added. Definitely a work of "heart"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet is that! The attention to detail is delightful. Lovely! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was searching something and then I came on your blog....wow girl...you make very lovely creations. I did join your followers to see more of your things.
    Hugs Plony

    ReplyDelete