Monday 23 May 2011

Our Vintage Affair Challege / Vintage style 'Napkin Folded Card'

I really enjoyed taking part in the challenge over on the Crafty Individuals blog site recently, so when I noticed that 'Our Vintage Affair' blog was running one I thought I would have a go. May's challenge is asking for entries that are based on a napkin folded card  in a vintage style. You can see how to make these cards here:

I have to say, as a novice who often takes hours to make cards this one was epic. The measurements have to be spot on, and as I don't have a score board I had to use the groove in my old fiskars paper cutter!! I find it is rubbish for cutting paper but handy for scoring card.
Another problem I had was taking the photographs of the card, the light just didn't seem to show it in it's true colours. The card is actually quite pretty and the colours soft and muted. Any way's, here it is:


I found the vintage image over on http://oldphotoalbum.blogspot.com, I think it is gorgeous and I was really pleased to have stumbled across the blog.  I wish I could remember where I bought the lace from because I love it on this card. Lots of peals, organza ribbon and lace, and not forgetting distress ink, it's so me.


I took this picture on the kitchen work top (still trying to find light that would show it's true colours!)



And here is the card all opened up, it was hard work, but worth it. I can see me making some more of these cards,I think it suits the vintage theme well. I have made it for a friend so if she sees it on here before I give her it, whoopsy!! I needed to get on here to make the challenge deadline. I am sure she will love it xx

You can see all the entries over on:


Thanks for taking the time to pop across and have a look.
Sharon xx


8 comments:

  1. WOW Sharon this is amazing and well worth waiting for. I ❤ it. What a very lucky friend you have, she will be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous creation and so very very pretty thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us at Our Vintage Affair
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon this card turned out stunning... I just love the vintage colors you used. The image and the lace you used make it so vintage looking... Awesome job !!!!! Thank you for creating with us at Our Vintage Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice job! spaisbo for participating in a job blog OVA, for a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meu deus! Ficou maravilhoso! lindo demais ! Obrigada por visitar meu blog.Vou começar a te seguir bjs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winning Sharon. Well deserved, the card is fabulous.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely & congrats on winning. Janet

    ReplyDelete